Did you know that on average our adult African Sulcata Tortoises eat 3,600 pounds of food (fruits, veggies, & greens) every week? That's 187,2000 pounds of food every year!
Or, did you know that just the cost of rodents and other snake food is approximately $2,000 each month? This number is constantly changing due to new arrivals.
Just feeding all these animals can get very costly very quickly!
The Phoenix Herpetological Society is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and reptile sanctuary that includes a surrender facility, education program, summer camps and rescue and rehabilitation. We take in surrendered, rescued, and lost & found reptiles almost every day of the year...sometimes multiple times a day. We are dedicated to providing a quality of life for these animals, which includes proper heating & cooling, food (sometimes for animals with specialized dietary needs), water, habitats, and more, even with the necessary costs involved.
But we cannot do it without your support!
Here are a few ways you can help PHS, the animals that reside here and the kids that come to our education programs!
1. Donate funds via:
Check: Phoenix Herpetological Society
20701 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 107 – PMB 401
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
PAYPAL: https://paypal.me/Phoenixherp **Please make sure you click "For Friends and Family" Thank you!
Online: RIGHT NOW by completing the section below!
2. Donate Items! We are also always in need of the following items:
- 32 Gallon Husky Brute Trash Cans
- Lids for 32 Gallon Husky Brute Trash Cans
- Contractor Garbage Bags
- Canned Cat food (shreds and Patee)
- Garden Hoses
- Chicken Feed
- Paper Towels
- Scrubby Brushes
- Pool Skimmers
- Gift cards to stores we visit regularly like OfficeMax, Walmart, Target, Home Depot, or Lowes
- Alfalfa Hay
- Timothy Hay
- and much more! We will try to keep this list as updated as possible!
Call 602-501-2930 to set up a time to drop them off!
3. Amazon Wishlist - Buy the items we can use to better our education programs!
Donate now :